08 February 2013

A Cidade Amarela / The yellow city

No fim-de-semana passado descobri mais uma cidade deste Portugal - Nisa e para mim, ficou apelidada como a cidade amarela. As típicas casas alentejanas pintadas com o amarelo, em vez do azul criam um efeito visual bem distinto.
At last weekend I discovered one more portuguese city - Nisa and for me, it was dubbed as the yelow city.The typical houses painted with yellow, instead of blue create a visual effect quite distinct.

Lembrei-me de quando em pequena, no 1º ano da escola, o amarelo era a cor favorita e tudo mas tudo mesmo era pintado a amarelo. A meio do ano escolar, o lapis do amarelo estava pequenino e todos os outros no tamanho original. Mas como a minha mãe não me comprou lapis novos, a mania do amarelo teve de desaperecer.
I remembered when I was a child, in the first year of school, yellow was my favorite colour and all but even all was  painted in yellow. In the middle of the school year, the yellow pencil was tiny and others  in the original size. But as my mother did not buy me new lapis, yellow mania had to disappear.